Monday, February 13, 2023

Afternoon tea party at home

 


I was thinking that after a long time, I might continue posting my baking adventures here. :) 
Since I started my graphic design business, working at home, 
I might have more time to keep up with it. 

We have visited London recently, and we wanted to recreate the atmosphere of their traditional "Afternoon Tea" for our families.

I made sandwitches, I baked English scones, and little desserts. And of course we served tasty rich flavours of teas, and a bubbly champagne and we listened to nice music.

Even though you need time to prepare everything, it is much more affordable having afternoon tea at home. 
I brought the scone recipe I followed, and the pink sandwich cookie recipe.


English Scones

  • 315 g flour
  • 1 table spoon baking powder
  • 0,5 tea spoon salt
  • 2 table spoon sugar
  • 75 g butter
  • 150 ml milk
  • 1 egg
Mix the egg with the milk, and pour a little bit out to a cup to save it for later.
Melt the butter a little bit, and mix everything together. 
You will get a nice dough ball.
Roll it out and cut out circles.
Lubricate the top of the scones with the saved milky egg.
Bake it 10-12 minutes on 220 degree Celsius.
Serve it with heavy whipped cream and strawberry jam.




Pink sandwich cookies with vanilla cream

  • 250 g butter
  • 130 g icing sugar
  • 370 g flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 10 g vanilla sugar
  • red food coloring
  • jam
  • vanilla cream (pudding mix)
Melt the butter, mix it with the flour and the icing sugar, the vanilla sugar and gradually add the eggs to the mixture.
Mix it well, add a bit of red food coloring if you want it to be pink. 
Fill a batter dispenser or a cake bag with the mixture, and make fun shapes to a baking sheet. If you are lazy like me, you can make balls with a spoon, too.
Bake it for 10-12 minutes on 180 degree Celsius.
Lubricate their bottoms with jam, and sandwich them together with a vanilla cream of your choice. 
I used a vanilla flavoured pudding mix.





The other desserts were a simple muffin with the same vanilla cream and Sacher cake pieces.

And a happy photo of me in London:


Happy Valentine's Day!
If you would like to check my Valentine's Day cute gift collection I designed, 
Some examples:













No comments :

Post a Comment