Thursday, December 20, 2012

Nut macaron, failed or passed?



I'm flying in my Christmas spirit clouds, and started to be the baking angel in the kitchen for a while! :) After the gingerbreads, I decided to bake something new.  This was my first time to bake macaron... 
The taste is wonderful, but the shape... could be better. :) But I know what went wrong... 
Anyway, I fell in love with my little darlings, first babes, so I dare to challenge them in a photo competition in Junglefrog blog. They are not the perfect macarons, but they bring the Christmas spirit, with their sweetness, and somehow they reminds me of my old snowmen, who slipped also from being perfect , they were always  a little bit gawky, but I loved them, and was really sad when they melted. 


How to (try) to make (better) macarons? :D

Ingredients:
  • 170 g nut flour (origin recipe is with almond)
  • 4 albumens (white part of the eggs)
  • 100 g sugar
  • 1 T (tablespoon) almond flavor
  • 2 T cocoa
  • 2 T nutella (nut cream)
  • 1 T margarine 
  • 1 teaspoon of rum flavor
Preparation:
  1. Grind the nuts (or almond).
2. Whisk the egg whites then add the sugar, and mix them.

3. Separate the cream into 2 bowls, add almond flavor to one of them, and cocoa to the other. 

4. Carefully add the nut flour (half-half) to each, and mix them with a spoon. (I made a mistake here, as I mixed them with machine.)

5. Preheat the oven.

6. Make circles on a baking paper with the creams, and bake them for about 10 minutes, till they got a tougher appearance.


7. Make a filling. I mixed nutella with some margarine, and I added a little rum flavor as an extra taste. :)

8. Put two merengues together with the filling.

Bon apetite! :)

I hope next time I will be more successful, I should try the origine recipe , with the almond. 
And I read that heating the sugar, to reach a liquid state is recommended, too.
But the taste is extraordinary, I should say. Perfect for Christmas. :)

Happy Holidays for You!
Bye: Hajni

2 comments :

  1. The macarons look great! I like your blog.
    Greetings from Germany.

    ReplyDelete