Sunday, May 5, 2013

Strawberry Cake

Happy Mother's Day for all the loving and caring mothers! :)

I baked this cake for my Mom and for My Grandma, they both liked it! :D (And the boys as well, a cake is always a good gift, because everybody got a piece :D )

And this cake is a LIGHT cake, it's so weird :D because it happened accidentally. You know, I usually bake without counting calories, or that stuff, because I do sports instead, and I can eat everything. :) But now, we just ran out of sugar... (shame :D ) and I used my shelved grape sugar instead. So why not bake a light cake? I switched the sunflower oil to olive oil, too. Health concious readers, here's your cake! :D

So here is the recipe: 


Ingredients:

  • 500 g of flour (2 cups)
  • 200 g of grape sugar /glucose (1 cup)
  • 2 tbsp of baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 dl = 1 cup of milk
  • 0,5 dl = 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
  • 0,5-1 kg = 2-4 cup of strawberries (crushed)
  • ----
  • 3 dl  = 4/3 cup of milk
  • 3 tbsp of sugar
  • a package of strawberry pudding powder

Preparation: 

1. Mix the ingredients in the upper column. 

2. Make a pudding. Boil 3 dl of milk, and mix it with the 3 tbsp of sugar and the pudding powder. Stir it till it become thicker. Pour half of the ready pudding to the batter.


3. Cut or crush the strawberries into little pieces, and stir them into the batter.

4. Lubricate a baking tray with a little butter/margarine, and pour a little flour into that too. Than pour the batter in it.



5. Preheat the oven beforehand for abot 5-10 minutes.
6. Bake the cake in 45 minutes. (10 minutes on higher temperature , about 180 ' Celsius, than take it to a lower degree, about 150'C.)



7. When it's ready decorate it with the other half of the pudding.





My Dear Mom enjoyed the cake. :) 

Enjoy You too! :) xoxo: Hajni

No comments :

Post a Comment