Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Salty sticks and biscuits

Hey Guys! 
I am obsessed with my new cookie-cutter stampers that I ordered through ebay...
I have a collection now, like I have cat molds, Marie cat face from Disney, animal molds, Easter set, flower set, and now I tried my fruit and summer collection that just arrived. 
I made a super easy, comfort food, You can call them snacks as well. The main taste is salty, but they are enhanced with cumin, that I love in snacks. :)
Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tbsp of sour cream
  • 3 tbsp of milk
  • 10 g = 1 tbsp of yeast
  • 1 tbsp of sugar
  • 125 g = 1/2 cup of margarine
  • 1 tbsp of salt
  • 350 g = 1 +2/5 cup of flour
  • 1 tbsp of cumin seeds
  • ----
  • 1 tbsp of salt
  • 2 tbsp of flour
  • 1 tbsp of water
Preparation:

1. Heat up the milk, add the sugar and the yeast to it, and let it activate.

2. Mix all the ingredients, (I used a bread-baker machine to knead the dough.) 

3. Let it rise for about 30-40 minutes.

4. Then roll it out, and cut out the molds, or cut it up to stripes, and place them on a baking sheet-ed tray.



And in another little bowl mix the salt, the flour and the water.

5. Bake the biscuits in a preheated oven for about 40 minutes on 180 degree Celsius.

6. 5 minutes before they are ready, sprinkle them with the salty mixture, and put them back to the oven.



Enjoy! :)   (And below You can see the whole quantity. :) )


xoxo: Hajni

No comments :

Post a Comment