Thursday, January 2, 2014

Chocolate Creamy Cake


Happy New Year Dears! :)
I hope You had a memorable Christmas, with tasty goodies and cookies. :) 
Now, as we are over the celebrations, and the big eating-parties, I started to work out. Haha... :D That's always my solution for the little extra weight I get during December. I can't do a diet... How can someone resist all these cakes ? 
I think sport is enough to have a good shape. :) 

So let's talk about this cake. I baked this for my last day at work, because I finished my trainee program. :) I was a receptionist  at Marriott from July, so it was a great half-year duty. It was interesting and fun, sometimes tiring, and complicated, but it was worth it. It gave me enough experience to get to know the hotel industry. Now I have to prepare for my diploma exam. 
Please think and cheer for me at the end of the month! :D  And what shall I do after?
Let's see it then... :D
This cake was chocolaty, and inside it had 2 kinds of creams, one was pudding-like, the other was with self-made chocolate-liquor. :) Yum. 
On the top and the bottom, there are two kinds of sponges. 


Ingredients:
for the brownie sponge:

  • 200 g = 4/5 cup of flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 10 tbsp of sugar
  • 1 tbsp of baking powder
  • 2 tbsp of vanilla sugar
  • 1 tbsp of gingerbread spice
  • 1 tbsp of cocoa
  • 100 g = 2/5 cup of melted margarine
  • 1 dl= 2/5 cup of milk
  • 0,5 dl = 1/5 cup of oil

for the chocolate cream:

  • 4 dl= 1+3/5 cup of milk
  • 1 package of instant pudding (vanilla or chocolate)
  • 1 tbsp of cocoa
  • 1 tbsp of rum flavor
  • desiccated coconut (not necessary)
for the darker-chocolate cream on the top:

  • 2 dl = 4/5 cup of milk
  • 4 tsp of sugar
  • 2 dl= 4/5 cup of chocolate liquor
  • 1 package of chocolate instant pudding / or 1 tbsp of gelatin 

+ I had heart shaped sponges (but You can use ladyfingers as well)

Preparation: 
1. Separate the yolks from the egg whites. Mix the yolks with the sugar and the melted margarine. Then add all the ingredients of the sponge to it.

2. Add the vanilla sugar to the egg whites, and whisk them. Then gently add the foam to the batter.

3. Then heat up the milk of the cream, add the cocoa, the sugar, the flavor, and the pudding powder. You can sprinkle desiccated coconut if You wish, it adds a great consistency to the cream. Stir it continuously on the oven, till it becomes thick.

4. Lubricate a baking tray with margarine, and sprinkle a little flour on it, then pour the brown sponge batter into it.

5. Then spoon the cream into it, in little pieces. 

6. Bake it on 180 degree Celsius, for about 40-45 minutes.

7. During that, we can prepare the other cream. Mix the ingredients, and cook a thick, dark liquorish cream. For that You can use another package of 
pudding, or mix 1 tbsp of gelatin with 1 tbsp of water, heat it up, and mix it with the milk, sugar and with the liquor.  

8. When the creamy sponge is ready, lubricate the top with one half of the darker cream. 

9. Place some lighter sponges on the top (or ladyfingers) /If they are too crispy, You can lubricate them with a little milk/

10. Then decorate them with the other half of the darker cream. (I even sprinkled it with desiccated coconut) 



I was pleased with the result, luckily my colleagues liked it as well. :D 
If You are in a mood for a cake, I can recommend this one. :)
Have a blessed New Year, and have a great time! 
xoxo: Hajni

No comments :

Post a Comment