Monday, January 20, 2014

Hajnalka Creamy Cake

Hey Guys! :)
I hope You all right. I'm happy to post this cake recipe with You today! 
I wasn't posting for a while... I was preparing for my biggest exam in my life. It will be in a week.
 Cross fingers for me please! It will be my diploma exam! :) 

So what about this cake?
This was the most delicious cake that I've ever invented!!! We had it for Christmas, but somehow I forgot my little note on this, and now I found it! :D 
It has so many great ingredients in it, that I couldn't find a suitable name for it. Could be chocolate liquor creamy cake, but it has nut cream and jam as well, and coconut on the top, so it was hard to find a name for this marvelous piece of Heaven... 

So, not to be too selfish, but as the most famous cakes of Hungary are named of their inventors, (like Dobos, Gundel, Rákóczi...) I named it after me. :D 

Please enjoy the "Hajnalka Creamy Cake" , and bake it, if You would like to feel to be in Heaven   for about 3 seconds, till You eat the piece. :D
Ingredients:
brown sponges:
  • 3 eggs (separated)
  • 2 tbsp of vanilla sugar
  • 250 g = 1 cup of sugar
  • 150 g = 3/5 cup of  melted margarine
  • 300 g = 1 + 1/5 cup of flour 
  • 1 tbsp of baking powder
  • 20 g = 2 tbsp of cocoa
  • 1 tbsp of gingerbread spice (or half cinnamon, a little ginger and cardamom)
  • 1 tbsp of nut flavor (or rum flavor)
  • 1 tbsp of almond flavor
  • 2 tbsp of honey
  • 11 tbsp of milk
cream:
  • 300 ml= 1 +1/5 cup of milk
  • 200 ml = 4/5 cup of chocolate liquor
  • 2 packages of sweet nut cream mix (here we have nut cream instant pudding powder, that is just a mix, You don't have to cook it, the brand is Aranka - if You don't have something like that just use chocolate pudding, or mix)

jam: apple-strawberry jam
+
desiccated coconut


Preparation:
1. Separate the egg whites, and add the vanilla sugar to it. Whisk it to get a though foam. 


2. Melt the margarine, and add it with the sugar to the egg yolks. Mix them well. Then add all the rest of the sponge ingredients to it, and mix them. 

3. Gently, stir the egg foam to the batter. 

4. Pour 1/3 of it to a baking sheet-ed tray. 

5. Bake it for about 10-15 minutes on 180-200 degree Celsius. 

6. Repeat it 2 times again, so You will have 3 sponges.

7. Mix the milk with liquor and with the nut mix. (If you use simple pudding, or cream mix, You should add about 4 tbsp of sugar as well)

8. When the sponges are ready, place one of them to a bigger baking tray up-side-down.

9. Pour half of the cream on it. 

10. Then place another sponge on it. 

11. Lubricate jam on this layer. 

12. Then the last sponge comes on top.

13. Pour the other half of the cream on it.

14. Sprinkle the top with desiccated coconut. 

You should wait at least a night before serving it. Place it to the fridge until then. :) 

Enjoy! 
xoxo: Hajni 






1 comment :