Thursday, April 17, 2014

Carrot Cake muffins & Coffee muffins


Hey Guys! :)

So, as I promised before, I brought the next dessert idea to make for Easter.
Actually, right now I have two muffin-ideas, which You can easily make at the same time. :)
I think everybody likes sweet coffee flavored pastry with chocolate chips inside, so You can't make a mistake with these coffee-muffins. (There are chocolate little eggs on top). 

And which were even more popular, those were my Carrot cake muffins! I thought it would be the other way around, but I'm happy about it. 
Carrot is a great ingredient, and gives a beautiful  natural orange color! :)
 I wanted to make a picture of my Easter muffins with a bunny, but since I didn't find any, I used my super-cute hamster instead. 
I love her, I got it for graduation! ♥ (I'm really a child inside)

Ingredients:

for the basic muffin pastry:

  • 3 yolks
  • 2 egg whites
  • 200 g = 4/5 cup of sugar
  • 1 dl= 2/5 cup of milk
  • 1 dl = 2/5 cup of oil
  • 2 tbsp of baking powder
  • 1 tbsp of vanilla sugar
  • 300 g = 1 + 1/5 cup of flour
+
  • 3 carrots (peeled and rasped)
  • 3 little cups of espresso coffee (or 3 tbsp of instant nescoffee)
  •  white and dark chocolate chips
  • 1 egg white
  • 8-10 tbsp of icing/powdered sugar
  • dragees


Preparation:

1. Mix every ingredients of the basic muffin pastry.

2. Then place half of the pastry to another bowl.
3. Wash the carrots, peel and rasp them.

4. Add it to one of the pastries.

5. Make 3 espressos, and  pour it to the other bowl of pastry.
6. Add some chocolate chips to the coffee pastry.


7. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C.
8. Put muffin liners in a muffin tray, and pour the pastries into them. I had 12 big muffins.

9. Bake them for about 40 minutes on 180 degree Celsius.
10. Then whisk 1 egg white with icing sugar, and when the muffins are ready You can decorate the top of them with it, using a plastic bag, and baking tips.

11. Then You can decorate them with chocolate or colorful draggees.


I hope You like them! :) I will bring another Easter recipe soon. Take care! 
xoxo: Hajni

No comments :

Post a Comment