Saturday, October 13, 2018

Carrot cake 2

Hi Dears,

I brought today another carrot cake recipe, I recently baked it for one of my colleague's farewell party. It's a little bit different from my first one. 
(If you wish to compare, click here.) 

You have might realized that I stopped posting recipes here this year, the reason is that I am quite busy to try out and make experiments with new recipes. I do bake regularly, but I tend to bake my favorite recipes over and over with only slight changes. 
The reason of my busyness, is that I have started another school, this time I study graphic design, where I can develop my artistic skills. :) 
You can view my continuously growing art portfolio here: 


Also, I have found a new hobby, while I am taking care of a lovely dwarf hamster. I started making  short videos of him, with gentle music in the background. The aim is to create something cute, funny, calming and safe for children to watch. 
If you wish to check them click: Hamster Tales
Now let's get back to the cake...


Ingredients:

  • 4 carrots (rasped)
  • 6 eggs 
  • 200 g sugar
  • 250 g flour (all purpose)
  • 2 dl milk
  • 0,5 dl sunflower oil 
  • 1 table spoon of baking powder
  • 1 table spoon of vanilla sugar
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 1 table spoon of gingerbread spice and cinnamon
  • ------
  • 250 g of cream cheese - mascarpone 
  • 200 ml of heavy whipped cream (Hulala)
  • 1 package of no cook instant pudding powder mix (vanilla or white chocolate taste) 
  • ---
  • marzipan 
  • food coloring 
  • sprinkles and desiccated coconut 

Preparation

1.  Separate the egg whites, and whip them with vanilla sugar till hard fluffy. 
2. Rasp the carrots.
3. Mix the egg yolks with the rest of the ingredients of the sponge. 
4.  Gently stir the egg foam into the batter. 
5. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. 
6. Put baking sheet to the mold, and pour in the batter.
7. Bake the sponge for about 60 minutes.
8. Whip the whipped cream and then mix the pudding powder in.
9. Then for a shorter period of time mix in the mascarpone. Then put your cream into the fridge.
10. When the sponge is ready, let it cool, then cut it to two.
11. Fill it and cover it with the cream.
12. Decorate it with sprinkles / desiccated coconut.
13. Form little carrots from marzipan like in the picture below.

  






No comments :

Post a Comment