Saturday, July 12, 2014

Peach cake with marzipan coverage


Hi Dears,
So I'm back from our 3-day-long holiday, we were at Lake Balaton, as You might know it from our FB page (where we can meet almost everyday, come and join :) ) 
But, before that we celebrated my Mother's birthday, and I baked here a light, summertime Peach cake. I covered it with yellow marzipan, and decorated it with marzipan flowers that I cut out with my new flower mold fondant cutters. 
(I ordered it from ebay, 4 pieces for just 1 dollar or so, and they make life so much easier, I love them. :) )


Ingredients:
  • 6 eggs (yolks separated)
  • 8 tbsp of sugar
  • 10 tbsp of water
  • 10 tbsp of flour
  • 1 tbsp of baking powder
  • ----
  • 4dl = 1,5 cup of peach yogurt
  • 2 dl = 3/4 cup of whipped cream
  • 1 tbsp of gelatin
  • 2 tbsp of sugar
  • 6 pieces of peaches or apricots

Preparation: 

1. Firstly we bake the sponges. Beat up the eggs, separate the egg whites.

2. Whisk them with a tbsp of sugar , and mix it until it becomes a though foam.

3. Add the rest of the sugar to the yolks, mix them, then add the water, the flour and the baking powder as well, and mix them. Then gently stir the foam to the mixture.

4. In four pieces, pour one part of the mixture to a baking sheet-ed tray, smooth their surface with a spatula or use a knife. 
5. Bake them for about 10-12 minutes on 180 degree Celsius, and repeat this 4 times.  When one sponge is ready, cover it with a wet cloth, to not let it dry.
6. For the cream mix the gelatin powder to the yogurt, add the sugar as well, and heat them up, while you stir it. In another bowl whip the whipped cream. 


7. Until the yogurt cools, wash the peaches, peel them , and cut it to little cubes. 

8. When the yogurt cooled down, stir the whipped cream into it, and you can add the peaches as well.

9. Use a bowl, put aluminium foil in it. Then cut the sponges up to stripes, lubricate them with the yogurt cream, and place them in the bowl.


 When the bowl is full, push the pastry into it, to reduce the air from it.
(If the pastry is not coming out nicely from the baking sheet, don't worry, you can mix it with the cream if You wish, then place them together in the bowl in a gooey state, it will be still OK)

10. Then place the bowl to the fridge for a night, the next day You can put it out, place it up-side-down, uncover it, and You will have a peach cake.

11. I rolled out marzipan on a board, (previously I sprinkled it with icing sugar)

 Then I covered the cake with it, and I rolled out red marzipan as well, and I cut flower from it with fondant cutters, and I decorated the cake with them. To place the flowers, I lubricate the bottom of the flowers with water, to glue it)



Enjoy! My Mother and the whole family liked it, we ate the whole right away. It's about 6-8 pieces of cake. (depends on the size of a piece :) )
xoxo: Hajni 


No comments :

Post a Comment