Monday, January 5, 2015

Apple Pie with walnut

Happy New Year! 
Any plans for the future?

I only had one vow for this year... I will do more sport activities! :D
I am lucky to gain only just a few weight while I'm baking and obviously eating a lots of cookies, cakes, pies... etc.
But anyway, I can see on myself the result.
A year ago I was quite sporty, as I did aerobics every week (even twice a week). Then I started working full time, and I was much more tired than at school. 
But this year, I will keep this vow. I even started with a full aerobic program, and my thighs are killing me now. :D 
But no worries, I won't start a diet, I will keep on baking. :D

Like this apple pie got so many praises from my family, then I have to share it with You the recipe. The base recipe was the original apple pie from my confectionery book. I only changed it at the decoration part.
Ingredients:
  • 600 g of flour
  • 400 g of margarine/butter
  • 200 g of icing sugar
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 0,5 lemon (juice, and the whole lemon grated peel)
  • ----
  • 2 kg of apples
  • 100 g of sugar
  • 200 g of grounded walnut
  • cinnamon
  • lemon juice (the other half)
  • jam
  • 1 egg for lubricating the top of the pie
Preparation:
1. Knead together the flour with the margarine and with the icing sugar, while you add the lemon juice with it's grated peel to the dough.
2. Knead a dough ball.
3. Separate it to 2/3 and 1/3 pieces.
4. Wash and peel the apples, cut it to small cubes.
5. Caramelize them in the sugar, then stir them together with the grounded walnut.

6. Season it with cinnamon and lemon juice.
7. Roll out the bigger part of the dough, and lubricate it with jam.

8. Sprinkle the surface with grounded walnut.

9. Spread the apple filling on the dough.

10. Roll out the smaller section of the dough. (I decorated that with a special dough rolling pin, that cut lines to have prettier texture.) Put You can place the whole rolled dough on top. You can mark lines on the top with a simple fork as well.
11. Lubricate the top with an egg.
12. Bake it for about 40 minutes on 180 degree Celsius.

Cut it into pieces, and if you like you can sprinkle the top with icing sugar.


Enjoy!
xoxo: Hajni


No comments :

Post a Comment