Monday, January 14, 2013

My struggle with the macarons...

They look quite right, huhh? OK not the exact macaron shape, but they could be just right...

But no... I had a big fight with them...


Ingredients: 
 .... no, I won't share the recipe, because it's not well experienced, yet, and i didn't liked the result, so, no, there is no recipe in this post.

The story:

During the Holidays, I baked nut macarons at home, which had a great success, however they didn't had the exact macaron shape , either. (recipe is here) But they were tasty as heaven, and my father loved them the most.

So he bought me some walnut (for the change) to bake them to macarons.

Well the time has come, and I started to do so.
...

Preparation! (hopes were with me)

I read a lots of recipes of the topic, and tried to -not make the previous mistakes- .

I did two pastries, differently, one of them was with cocoa, and the other with cinnamon.

But somehow, I think the rates weren't good enough...

With the white pastry I used the mixer when I added the icing sugar - so it became more liquid like.
But with the cocoa pastry I added the sugar , and then mixed it with my hand (with a spatula) so it kept its foam state, which I thought was the better.

The macaron shells were different , too, the whites were too liquid, the cocoa ones were too heavy, and they looked like meringues.


  But it's still OK, the previous one had also different shape from the original macarons...
....

Baking! (hopes were still with me, but they had reduced)

The recipes said that I have to wait with the baking for an hour, while the macaron shells are resting in the table - to get a nice coat, which solidifies on its surface.

Ok, I thought I try without waiting... 

Catastrophe! 
Don't try it!
 The result: 

Gooey biscuits, not even tasty... Yuck...

But with a great photo I could sell it, as a very tasty special cookie, but NO! I won't do that! :)

(But let's accept,  a good photo is dangerous)
...
Ok, I waited for an hour, I placed everywhere in the kitchen my macarons, but HOW , how can the other bakers place all the macarons for an hour. I don't have enough baking trays... 

So, I placed them to baking paper sheets.

....   An hour later ...

No, they haven't changed... But maybe...

I baked them (long!!) because they didn't want to be ready, at all, on  time. 

So, I baked them very long, then I cooled them a bit.


Then I tried to put them off from the paper, and that time the shells were too devoted to the paper, I could hardly take them...

They looked like this.

Ok , I did the cream - strawberry pudding, it was delicious as always.

I filled the shells, and tasted it.



Hmmm... They were too airy, and meringue-like. I didn't even like them...
Lots of hours for this? So sad.. :(



May be next time! :)

-Next time arrived, still something is not working out... :(

....

Good news: My father likes them, but he also preferred the previous version..








1 comment :

  1. Actually , some hours have past, and I ate one little macaron, and it tasted good. Maybe I just had to wait for some hours, to taste them right! :)

    ReplyDelete